Our 2018 beginners course are as follows: Week beginning: April 2nd , June 11th, Sept 10th, Nov 19th. We will also be running a passport course over the school summer holidays. You sign up for the course and coaches will operate to fit with you summer holidays! To complete you need to finish 4 sessions. Only valid during Beds published school holiday period.
We are always putting on beginners courses, message us to find out when you can get on one. Email us at Secretary_ebbarchery@outlook.com to book on!
As Bedford’s premier archery club we are always over subscribed on our beginners courses!
This course will be the second course that runs to our new standard and boy have we done a lot of work on it. This is now far more beginners coaching than just a course to get you to shoot.
During the 4 week coaching course we will take you from basics and give you all the tools you need to develop as archers.
- Recurve Sighted; We will teach you the Olympic style of shooting.
- Safety; archery is one of the safest sports you can do. We will teach you how to shoot safely.
- Correct form; right form day one we teach you how to draw the both safe and efficiently.
- Scoring; Scoring is simple and easy, it gives you all the tools you need to track your progress.
- Bow styles; while we will teach you recurve we will give you a introduction to other styles, including compound and longbow.
Once you have finished your course we do something that no one else in the county does, we offer you a 2 extra weeks on top of the beginners coaching, where you can come down to the club and shoot on the regular line with our members. This is a great way to try the club before you join us.
The Cost of this course is £55, it is lead by an Archery GB level 2 coach assisted by up to 5 level 1 coaches, which include county team members and national level archers.