Eagle Bowman of Bedford frequently hold beginners courses throughout the year.
During the 4 week coaching course we will take you though the basics and give you the tools you need to develop as an archer. A brief overview of what you can expect from our course is contained below:
- Recurve Sighted; We will teach you the Olympic style of shooting.
- Safety; archery is one of the safest sports you can do. We will teach you how to shoot safely.
- Correct form; right form day one we teach you how to draw the both safe and efficiently.
- Scoring; Scoring is simple and easy, it gives you all the tools you need to track your progress.
- Bow styles; while we will teach you recurve we will give you a introduction to other styles, including compound and longbow.
Once you have finished your course we do something that no one else in the county does, we offer you a 2 extra weeks on top of the beginners coaching, where you can come down to the club and shoot on the regular line with our members. This is a great way to try the club before you join us.
The cost of this course is £55, it is lead by an Archery GB level 2 coach assisted by up to 6 level 1 coaches, which include county team members and national level archers.
Important note for young juniors:
We have no official minimum age! Rather we play it by ability. If you would like your child to take a course please get in contact. We will arrange a day for you to come down for a quick assessment (if applicable). Archery is a safe sport, we need to ensure your child is safe on the line as well as being able to draw the bow safely. To avoid disappointment during the course we will also be making sure that your child can reach the minimum distance the targets will be set at.