During the 4 week coaching course we will take you though the basics and give you the tools you need to develop as an archer. A brief overview of what you can expect from our beginners courses is contained below:
- An overview of Recurve Sighted: this is the Olympic style of shooting.
- Safety: archery is a relatively safe sport. The beginners course includes basic shooting line rules.
- Shooting form: right from day one you will be taught how to shoot both safe and efficiently.
- Scoring: The best way to see your progress is to track scores from the very beginning and shoot regularly. With coaching, you will quickly see improvement.
- Bow styles: you will start with the recurve bow style, however the course includes an introduction to the other bow styles including compound and longbow.
Once you have finished the course, we do something that no other regional club does: we offer you 2 extra weeks of shooting as a full member. This is a great way to try the club before you join us.
The cost of this course is £55 for tutoring from our fully qualified coaches, all accredited by the governing body of archery, ArcheryGB. Our coaching team includes county team members and national level archers.
Junior archers? We have no official minimum age! Permission to shoot is granted if the archer demonstrates a safe attitude. If you would like your child to try the beginners course, please get in touch. We will arrange a day for you to come down for a quick assessment (if applicable). Archery is a safe sport, we need to ensure your child is safe on the line as well as being able to draw the bow safely. To avoid disappointment during the course, we will also be checking that your child can reach the minimum target distance.